Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sophie's Pride and Emergency Care Guide To Dating...

So, Momma Lou tagged me to do this, so I might as well, just for fun and to keep me from going to bed ;)


The rules are:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.


Ok, number one...I have four books here, I am in the process of reading them all: Emergency Care (didn't know if that counted, since it's a text book...I live by this book now!!!), Sophie's World (I've been plodding through this philosophical muddle for two years now...ugh), Pride and Prejudice (yay!!!), and Jane Austen's Guide to Dating (just for kicks and giggles....its lame!).

Ok, here goes Emergency Care...eh, never mind, its pictures on 123, nothing to quote!

Sophie's World...hmmm, don't remember this part!
"You'd better have a good explanation."
"It has to do with the UN," said Sophie. "I was detained by hostile troops in Lebanon."
"Sure...you're just in love!"

Pride and Prejudice!!! Whoo!!!
But why Mr. Darcy came so often to the Parsonage, it was more difficult to understand. It could not be society, as he frequently sat there ten minutes without opening his lips; and when he did speak, it seemed the effect of necessity rather than of choice -- a sacrifice to propriety, not a pleasure to himself. He seldom appeared really animated. (yaaaaaay Mr. Darcy!!!)

And now for the humor...my Dating Guide!!
Charles's sister Louisa even tells Captain Wentworth as much: "We do so wish that Charles had married Anne instead...I wish she had accepted him. We should all have liked her a great deal better..."
Charles isn't still carrying a torch for Anne.


So, there are some of the things I am reading...maybe I should have done the Aristotle translation we are doing for school, but nah, that's boring. So, there you go, an extended version of my reading list!!!

And I tag....

1) Suzanne of 'Suzanne's Blog' because she is really fun and I saw her yesterday!!

2) Charris of 'Finding Neverland' because she's at college and I miss her and I don't know what she is reading, besides magazines ;)

3) Miss Steinberg of 'Quemodmodum', but she is my teacher, so I can guess most of the things she is reading, such as my future Latin final and History term paper!!!

4) Bekah of 'Oh the Things You Can Think...When You're Pink?' because she is my sister, and there are random moments when I feel like bugging her!

5) Joseph of 'Thoughts' because his blog title is so original and he hasn't done anything on it recently and he apparently has a huge reading list...so, lets see what you are trying to read, shall we???

1 comment:

Brooke said...

SARAH WATERMELON! I FOUND YOU ON MAMA LOU'S SIGHT I LOVE YOU!