Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Infant Sorrow

Well, here is my ever-so-interesting blog post for the week ;) This is a Romantic poem by Anglican William Blake, from his collection of works "Songs of Experience." I am typing this from memory, since I need to present it at Open House on Friday...



Infant Sorrow
by William Blake

My mother groand! my father wept.
Into the dangerous world I lept.
Helpless, naked, piping loud
Like a fiend hid in a cloud.

Struggling in my fathers hands,
Striving against my swadling bands.
Bound and weary, I though it best
To sulk upon my mother's breast.



This is particularly interesting to me since I was studying gynecology/obstetric emergencies in EMT class (yes, I know, how gross!!!)...this poem seemed to fit, since I was studying the birth od babies, and this is all about the poor baby as it is born!! Poor thing, we never think of them from their point of view ;)
Well, that's my tidbit...I promise these posts will get more exciting during my college years!!! Just think of all the lovely medical/surgical stuff I'll say then! Oh, I need to post about my EMT classes and stuff! Now that is fun! All I'll say for now is - DRIVE SAFELY! Being cut out of a car is NOT FUN!!! Its super cool, but it takes forever, so you will either be permanently brain damaged or dead by the time you get out ;) How nice, I know...so drive safe!!



No comments: